Thursday 4 March 2010

Shopping

Shopping arcadeImage by Pieter Musterd via Flickr

We've been having lovely bright weather in West Cornwall for the past few days but the wind is still quite strong and surprisingly cold. I looked out of the window this morning and thought about going for a walk as it's been too cold and windy for me to walk for quite a while. The moment I stepped outside the front door I changed my mind though! Went shopping instead to buy a few things. Increasingly though, my Significant Other and I are finding it harder to buy the products that we want from shops and are increasingly relying on buying items over the internet. Whilst this is in some ways much easier and more convenient I don't feel that it helps the local shopkeepers and employment issues down here. It's a kind of downward spiral really, people can't find what they want so they shop on-line so the stores have fewer customers and can stock only a narrow selection of goods - and so it goes on.
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment