Tuesday 4 May 2010

Herbal Medicine

Herb Garden with Chives and Woodland StrawberriesImage by BeautifulRust via Flickr

It might be unfashionable to favour alternative medicine after the bad media coverage that homeopathy recently received but I'm a strong fan of herbal medicine. I regularly see a herbalist who gives me the consultation time that would not be available with an NHS doctor. I pay for these consultations and the subsequent medicine but I feel that it is worth it. I have had, in the past, and also now, a number of health issues that require regular treatment using the NHS but I find that the herbal prescription treats matters which arise not only from my actual health problems but also the side effects that the prescribed drugs also contribute. There have been a number of occasions when the herbal prescription has relieved symptoms that my doctor was either or unwilling or unable to treat and I'm sure that my overall health has benefited from being treated by a herbalist as well as by the NHS. So I can definitely recommend this kind of treatment.
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment