Wednesday 16 February 2011

Libraries


I fear that I'm going to rant. I'll try not to make it too tedious. The thing is that I love books and therefore libraries. I use my local library a lot and not only for books. We have a Creative Writing Group there about once a month which has been wonderful for many of us who want to share our thoughts and work. Also other book and poetry groups use it. The staff there are wonderful. And now it's threatened with cuts. I'm so angry about it because libraries are such a valuable resource for so many people who may not be able to travel further to a larger town. I feel angry that a government and Cornwall Council would consider it necessary to close down such a lovely service and local resource to pay back debts that none of us incurred. End of rant - I'll just go and lie down now for a bit!

#aros

No comments:

Post a Comment