Saturday 7 April 2012

The Bee Campaign

This morning I helped on the Friends of the Earth's stall at the Penzance Green Fair. They are orchestrating a campaign to urge the government to launch a National Bee Action Plan, because many of our native species are under threat due to pesticide use and farming practices. I was shocked to find out that many pesticides that are available for household use are dangerous to bees. So if you find a petition near you, on this topic, I would invite you to seriously consider signing it.

Thank you

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you Rose. I love bees and recently I've had a chance to really enjoy them as they gather pollen from the berberis in the front garden!

      Delete
  2. Oh yes !! The bee cause! We have the same problems in the US. Awareness is being raised ...little by little.I have a good friend who has gone so far as to have her own hives. Bees are all the buzz!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad that awareness of this danger to bees has reached the US. I also have a friend who keeps bees. They are not only wonderful insects but so important in our ecology!

      Delete