Saturday 24 July 2010

Encounter with a Dragonfly

A male Golden-ringed Dragonfly (Cordulegaster ...Image via Wikipedia

Yesterday, when I was gardening a dragonfly flew into the house and was struggling to get out again. It was a beautiful sight and if I hadn't been so concerned about its welfare as it beat its head against the windows in its effort to escape I would have tried to photograph the dragonfly. Finally I managed to rescue it with the help of an old sauce pot and a fish slice and return it to the garden. I looked it up in one of my reference book and found out that it was a Golden Ringed Dragonfly. It was certainly very beautiful and surprisingly large. Later I looked up 'dragonfly' in the Medicine Cards and found that it referred to the need to see beyond the illusion and making changes, both of which seem very relevant to me in my life right now.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment