Wednesday 28 July 2010

Mouse Rescue

Common house mouse (Mus musculus), wild type.Image via Wikipedia

Yesterday evening the cat brought a mouse into the house. I love cats but this is an aspect of their behaviour I find difficult to deal with, even while being aware that it is part of their nature. Quckly, once the cat had put the mouse down, I grabbed it with my hands and put it outside of the opposite door from which the cat had brought it in. It was such a sweet little animal and I was probably in time to save its life as it looked uninjured in any way. How the mouse would interpret the occasion I can't imagine. Probably a couple of large yellow hands (I was wearing my household gloves) are something outside its range of experience and then finding itself free must have been quite a strange event. I wish it well.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment