Thursday 4 June 2009

Maturation

A maturing Polaris blueberry (vaccinium 'Polaris')Image via Wikipedia

Maturation means many things to different people. To me it means growing up emotionally, not being the little kid who throws a tantrum (metaphorically speaking) when things go wrong, which they inevitably do sooner or later - after all that's just how life is sometimes. It also means learning to cope with life in a more adult fashion which is no easy feat when you consider some of the childish and greedy behaviours of a large section of our society. What I find particularly liberating is not needing inessential items. When I was much younger, it was important for me to go shopping for clothes, to have this whole image thing. Now, except for dying my hair, I care very little for what I wear providing it's comfortable and reasonably colourful. I don't need to follow fashion any more. And what a relief that is. Being able to show that I'm comfortable in the way I dress without having to worry about what fashion gurus would think. Even if I had as much money as I could ever dream, I don't think I would worry about fashion again. I really don't see the point and don't feel the need to show off to others how much I can afford to spend. Perhaps that's maturation too.
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment