Friday 19 June 2009

Tourism

Surfing at Gwithian Sands, Cornwall, United Ki...Image via Wikipedia

Living in Cornwall, we depend a huge amount on tourism, which starts to get going after Easter and is at its height during the end of July and through August. Many people come down to the west of Cornwall to enjoy walks along the coast. Of course much depends on the weather as it can be very wet here even in the middle of July and August. Hopefully, it will be sunnier here than it has been over the past two years, which have been disappointingly grey and wet. Today is perfect, bright sunshine with a few cotton wool clouds and a breeze. Perfect weather for walking but probably a little too cold to bathe in the sea. I don't go on holidays much myself unless it's connected to something else like a concert tour with one of the choirs I sing with. Living where I do, especially when the weather is good, I don't need to be anywhere else. When it's cold, grey and wet, however, I have fantasies of warm beaches in the Mediterranean!
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment