Wednesday 1 April 2009

Fashion

In Following the Fashion (1794), James Gillray...Image via Wikipedia

The wonderful thing about living at the tip of Cornwall is being able to wear what you like and not having to keep up with the latest trends. When I lived and worked in London, a huge proportion of my time was spent in clothes shopping which I initially enjoyed, but being the size and shape I am, fashion items usually had to be altered to some extent and never looked as good on me as my mind hoped that they would. Fashion, after all, is designed for the tall and thin and how many of us fit that particular template I wonder? Now I wander around most of the time in jeans and t-shirts with fleeces when it's cold and feel much happier. Much better and healthier than wondering whether I needed to update my wardrobe all the time as I used to in London.
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment