Friday 17 April 2009

Health

A White-Robed Kannon, Bodhisattva of Compassio...Image via Wikipedia

When I was younger I had an almost arrogant attitude to health, needless to say, because it wasn't a problem. As I have 'matured', I have learnt some humility regarding health issues due in part to my own experiences. I have realised also that the understanding of health issues and experiences is an important lesson in the development of compassion, both for oneself and for others. When all is well, no-one looks below the surface. It is when things are not so well that the appreciation of what may have been lost, if only temporarily, gives rise to the experience of gratitude in oneself for what is good in life and compassion towards others where there is an appreciation of the suffering that is being experienced.
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment