Friday 24 April 2009

Music

Data of manuscript unknown. Held in Florence, ...Image via Wikipedia

I love music. Mostly I do it in some form or other, either playing or singing as I find this more fulfilling than just listening although this can work well too. I feel that the musical system with the notations and time variations is very clever and economical in the amount of space it uses. Not that it is an easy system to learn, especially if you come to it as an older student which I did. I played a recorder at school but had basically forgotten all that information before I started to learn the flute and singing again. Now I'm also learning the keyboard where you have to pay attention to two musical staves! But I really enjoy all this music and feel that it helps to define me in some kind of spiritual way. I can really recommend it as a leisure pursuit; plus if you join groups of other musicians it's a great way to make friends. I have also read on the internet recently that learning music is good both for your health and your brain function.
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment