Sunday 6 June 2010

Living Life in the Moment

Transcendent BlissImage by garlandcannon via Flickr

I have been doing this off and on for a couple of months or thereabouts by now. Sadly it is often more off than on as Real Life intrudes and I get caught up in my own internal landscape, planning, worrying etc. I realise how very hard it is to live life in the now for even a few seconds let alone minutes. The mind always intervenes with it's 'yes buts' and particularly 'what ifs'. And yet all of this is only in my mind. If left to my mind I can create quite vivid pictures of any possibilities that could unfold! I feel that it is a real gift and takes considerable focus to be able to live truly in the moment for more than a few seconds, to experience what is directly in front of you. And often in those few moments there can be so much real happiness. So I persevere with the practice.
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment