Thursday 9 July 2009

Childhood Memories

Kick the canImage by theirhistory via Flickr

I'm currently reading Rosamunde Pilcher's 'Coming Home', which I'm thoroughly enjoying. Early on she mentions a game called 'Kick the Can'. I can remember playing this at my preparatory boarding school and thorougly enjoying it. It's a version of hide-and-seek where everyone hides except for one person who stands by a can. The aim is for the person beside the can to spot any of the people who are hiding and once she calls their name they have to come out as 'prisoners'. The object of the hidden people is to kick the can without being spotted and free all the prisoners. It was wonderful fun, especially if you have an environment where you can really hide. This game and roller skating are two of my favourite childhood memories.
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment