Wednesday 15 July 2009

Mobile Phones

a Mobile phone TimelineImage by KhE 龙 via Flickr

When mobiles first arrived I couldn't understand the fascination with them. Who needs to be in touch that much anyway? And aren't they rather an intrustion into your private life? Now, many years on, I have a mobile myself and usually have it on my person. I probably connect more often, initially, with my son who's in Plymouth using my mobile than making calls using the land line. Text is so useful. You can send someone a message and they can decide when they want to contact you back - so it fills the gap between emails and landline calls. And my mobile can take pictures as well and there are a number of games on it. It also serves as a secondary address book. So my answer to my earlier question is now that I do need a mobile and, yes, it can be an intrusion but that's why there's a silent mode. And you can always choose who you want to communicate with.
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment