Monday 31 August 2009

Autumn Colours

Autumn leaves at Westonbirt Arboretum, Glouces...Image via Wikipedia

I love living in West Penwith but I do really miss Autumn colours. Where I live we're not over-burdened with trees in the first place and the leaves on these tend to turn dark brown in Autumn and then fall off without the beautiful yellows, reds and oranges that can often be seen in woodland. When I regularly travelled to Devon at the end of October, I was really overwhelmed with the beauty of the tree colours there and used to spend time just looking at them and enjoying them. I've promised myself that, sometime in the future, I'll spend a period in Autumn near a beautifully coloured woodland and maybe do some sketching and painting. It would certainly be inspiring.
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment