Wednesday 19 August 2009

Morning Pages

Morning PagesImage by batetoon via Flickr

When I first started to write, I was recommended The Artist's Way' by Julia Cameron, which suggested that to get more in the flow for words and thoughts, the best thing to do was to write 3 pages every morning, uncensored and spontaneously. When I first started this, I felt very strange not knowing what to write and also mentally making excuses not to do it. I certainly had difficulty, first of all, filling 3 pages. That was several years ago. Now my morning pages have become part of my life and allow me to express my feelings on many aspects of my life as well as acting as a kind of diary. I can really recommend this process for getting thoughts and ideas started as well as for plumbing unknown depths.
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment