Monday 3 August 2009

Lucid Dreaming

lucid dreamingImage by !山 via Flickr

I have just been reading an article on lucid dreaming. Apparently there is a strong similarity between this and some mental disorders in the way in which the brain behaves. This is likely to start some more interest in the phenomenon of dreaming in general and lucid dreams in particular, in therapeutic practice. I've always been interested in the ability to dream lucidly and have had occasions when I've been aware that I was dreaming and was able to more consciously control the dream I was in. It was a wonderful experience and sadly doesn't happen that often and certainly not recently. I think the whole area of lucid dreaming should be researched more widely and techniques for teaching people how to do it made more widely available as it can help a lot of mental illnesses, for example depression.
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment