Tuesday 15 September 2009

Autumn Term

2nd half of 14th centuryImage via Wikipedia
Academically, the Autumn Term is the start of the school year, as you're probably well aware. I cannot think about school terms without memories of the boarding school that I went to for the secondary part of my education. It was a convent school and I boarded away from home. The good thing about it is that it teaches you indedpendence away from your family. The less positive side is that the life is fairly regimented from the moment you get up. We were only allowed one hour of TV in the evening after doing our homework. We were allowed to see our parents for two visiting weekends per term and we were permitted a week for half-term. I can't say that I recommend the lifestyle but I understand that if you're particularly academically minded, boarding can be less distacting than normal daytime education.
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment