Saturday 19 September 2009

Saturday Afternoons and Football

Doncaster Rovers v Plymouth ArgyleImage by MartyMC via Flickr

A couple of years ago every alternate Saturday was taken up with attending a Plymouth Argyle home match. This meant leaving home in the morning to catch a train and then walking from the station at Plymouth to Home Park where Argyle was playing. Didn't arrive home until 2030 so it was quite a long day. This was because my son had generously bought me a season ticket. Since that year I haven't been able to afford to go to games. This season Argyle are not doing so well and are currently at the bottom of the Championship. I have to ask myself that if I still had a season ticket would I go so readily now when they are doing so badly. I think that the answer would be 'probably not'.

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment