Friday 9 October 2009

Bird Watchers

Yellow-Browed Warbler~黃眉柳鶯Image by Kimphotos via Flickr

During my walk down the valley this morning I saw a number of bird watchers, complete with binoculars, telescopes and cameras, hunting for a bird. I continued on my walk down to the coast and admired the view over the sea which had a blue-grey luminous quality. On my way home I asked one of the bird watchers what they had been looking for and he told me that it was a Yellow Browed Warbler. Our local valley is on the migration path of birds travelling back and forth from Europe (and sometimes from the US and Northern Europe depending on the wind strength) and we often have many unusual birds arrive in the spring and autumn who pause during their migration further north or south (depending on the season). When I came home I found that the Yellow Browed Warbler is normally found on the Continent, so obviously its appearance here is quite something for the bird watchers. I wish them every luck in their efforts.
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment