Friday 23 October 2009

Invitations and Privacy

invitation to sit in front of a blazing fire i...Image by Denis Collette...!!! via Flickr

Today, when I opened my email I had been invited to give an interview to a company which I had never heard of before. This particular company claims to be a resource directory for creative and marketing people, amongst others. I took a brief look at the questions they would ask me and was surprised to see that one of them related to what time I got up every morning. If there was a question about business or working hours I could understand it but information about what time I get up didn't seem particularly relevant. I always feel ambivalent about contacts of this kind. Yes, it would be nice to contact other people but at the same time I'm very conscious of what information I give to whom and what use will be made of it.
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment