Wednesday 28 January 2009

BEIJING - JULY 31:  Beijing residents practice...Image by Getty Images via Daylife

Today was a quieter day than yesterday but not without its interest. Did the usual shopping in the morning and then went to T'ai Chi this afternoon. This is a form of exercise that I really enjoy, more than yoga, which I also do. There is something very gentle and relaxing about it but it also takes time to learn.

I started last Spring and it has taken until now to learn all of the short form with weekly lessons (excluding holidays, some sickness and other interruptions). The hardest part of it is to learn the sequence of the form and the postures but when it flows more easily it is a wonderful experience. I originally became interested many many years ago when my partner and I learned it together from a book and practiced every day. Then I became pregnant, had high blood pressure and wasn't allowed to practice any more. By the time I had had my son and become accustomed to parenting in some small part, I had forgotten the sequence and didn't have the motivation to start again. So it was wonderful to be given the opportunity to learn it all again from the lovely woman who teaches it locally.
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment