Friday 30 January 2009

Winter and Hibernation

Winter Solstice sunset_S02049Image by Ennor via Flickr

Another wet and windy day in Cornwall unfortunately. It seems that so far this week Wednesday was the only good day.

Still there's a positive side to this which is that I got all my chores and practice done early and am now on-line looking through my posts.

I feel my creative endeavours waning at the moment, maybe because of the gloomy day. I find that the weather does seem not only to affect my mood but also my energy levels. On a day like this I find it very easy to become apathetic and not want to move at all. Personally, I think it's a great shame that we didn't learn to hibernate earlier on in our evolution and give Winter a miss altogether. Think how nice it would be to wake refreshed in the Spring and celebrate the Equinox instead of the Winter Solstice. Lower fuel and food bills. We'd just stock up and then eat if we had to during the Winter months if it was necessary to do so. I think human evolution took a wrong turn in this respect . . .
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment