Monday 26 January 2009

Illustration of a scribe writingImage via Wikipedia

Well the initial inspiration was good. Now I'm trying to get into the habit of writing everyday about what is happening in my life. Am still learning about blogging and tweeting and generally surfing the web for information. Feel slightly vulnerable at communicating like this on an essentially public site but I imagine that this will pass as I do it more and more. This public/private boundary is quite something, deciding what you feel safe sharing with other people you may never have met. What you feel safe putting 'out there' about yourself and always with the possibility that it may come back at unforeseen times.

Today I've been researching freelance writing. I definitely know that I want to write as well as do musical things but the how and what need defining somewhat. Need to get some idea of direction and the first steps to take. I've written before, published a poem or two but these have been one-off items and I want to do something more permanent this time and create a result that I can be proud of. Am also trying to be spontaneous in what I write. Have also decided to join a new choir.
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment