Thursday 26 February 2009

Reed Flute Cave, Reed Flute Park, some of Guil...Image via Wikipedia

My car is back. What a relief that is as I have had to postpone most of this week because I haven't been able to drive. The bill for the repairs was quite substantial and I hope that I won't need anything else done on it for quite a few months. Hopefully, also it will pass it's MOT without any problems in a couple of months time.

Apart from going driving for a while once the car was back I've been catching up on some flute practice now it looks likely that I'll be able to attend the lesson tomorrow. Otherwise quite a quiet but optimistic day now things are more sorted.

I was thinking this morning that there is something somewhat disempowering about not being able to drive for whatever reason, not having the freedom, independence and means to get from place to place. Relying on buses takes quite a bit of planning and time as I've found over the past few days.

So, hopefully, better times are ahead.
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment