Monday 2 February 2009

Snow

Cornwall under a blanket of snowImage by Sam Rich via Flickr

I didn't really believe the forecast I read last night. Then when I woke up and after it was light this morning I realised that it was snowing. We've had flurries before this year but none of it has settled before. Went swimming (in a pool) this morning and the roads were OK. By the time I came home there was more snow and the roads were no longer clear. I noticed that a blue van had an accident on the way home. Presumably the driver had made his/her own way home as there was nobody inside the van.

Now the whole scenery is much whiter than usual as the snow has truly settled. Later in the day after posting a letter I took some photos of the snow on the trees and in the local town. It was great to see the bin men having a fun snowball fight with some of the local children but they'd gone before I'd managed to get a photo of it. It's interesting to see how so many people have fun with snowball fights and building snowmen. It's really unusual down here to have snow like this which settles for any period of time and the children, in particular, love it when it does.
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment