Friday 6 February 2009

More Weather

Outside Home Park before Argyle play a matchImage via Wikipedia

I understand that many parts of the UK are likely to have further ice problems tonight. I agreed to postpone my arrangements for tomorrow which included a visit to Plymouth when I was hearing horror stories about the weather in East Cornwall. I didn't want any of the parties involved to get stranded because of the weather. And I was hoping that it would be a short, sharp blast of winter - oh well!

Being carless does have its attractions. Walked to the local town as my car hadn't been returned by this morning and it was quite a pleasant experience except for that cold wind. Used to do this quite regularly before I became part of the driving community but I 'm not certain that I would recommend it at this time of year. Walking in the driving rain is not my idea of fun.

Now (much later in the afternoon) my car has come back after the various renovations that were necessary. Now (weather willing) I'll be able to become fully mobile. Touch wood!
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment